Friday, March 4, 2011

Angels From Across the Oceans


Today, I am offering prayers of gratitude, for that is all there is room for in my heart.

Last night, as I was preparing for bed, I remembered my new bishop's counsel to get on my knees and pray, evening and morning.  I had been praying already, but not on my knees.  I had not been showing humility or submissiveness to His will.

Last night I did.  And in that prayer I offered Him my will, as best as an imperfect being can do.  I told Him that I trusted Him, that I knew He was in charge and would lead me through my present difficulties.  Afterward, as I lay in bed, I felt again an overwhelming peace.  I knew that He was, right then, answering my prayers.  I felt that He truly can see over the walls that seem to stand in my way.

When I got up this morning and checked my email, I saw that a good friend from across the oceans had sent me a message.  When I opened and read it, I was stunned.

This woman and her husband - a couple I have never laid eyes on in this life - had sent me money via Western Union.  Enough to get into the Bishop's Closet or elsewhere, and a little bit more.

You know who you are - I just wish you knew the depth of my gratitude for being instruments in His hands.  Of being His angels on His errand to help a struggling friend.  For this, and for our friendship, I love you both.

They have asked for no repayment, only that I pay it forward, which I will happily do.

The Lord truly blesses all those who try to do His will as best they can.  Trust in Him.  He will always answer you.  Sometimes He answers prayers directly.  Other times He puts people into your life who are both willing and able to help.

Trust.

A tiny word with life-changing implications.

Brother H.

No comments:

Post a Comment