Monday, May 23, 2011

Lead this Sheep



From my journal today:


Feeling good today. I love having the quiet time in the mornings in which to feed my spirit. Read Ether chapters 4 and 5. The Spirit pointed out to me that the phrase "lifted up" is significant to me.

The scriptures talk about being lifted up to dwell in the Kingdom of God. To me, this means it (the kingdom) is out of my natural reach. In order for me to reach it, I still must do all I can, but I will always fall short. I may climb and jump all I want, but unless Christ lifts me up to it, I will never be able to attain or reach it. No matter how hard I try, and try I must, it is utterly out of my own natural reach.

Also this morning, I was listening to "The Lord is my Shepherd" and realized a very helpful visualization. I picture myself walking on a path by still waters, green grass and just generally a very peaceful place in nature. I picture Christ leading me as He would a sheep, but also walking beside me with His arm around my shoulder, helping me and guiding me.

It was so peaceful!



***
Enjoy your day!


Bro H.

No comments:

Post a Comment