Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Consistent Gratitude

Photo ©2011 James Hofheins. All Rights Reserved. For information: artbyjameshofheins@gmail.com

It's been some time since I've posted.  I apologize for the wait.

I have a cousin who lives in Nevada and every morning she sends me and others a text message outlining five things she is grateful for that day.  When I read her message this morning, a very strong impression came to me.

The importance of daily gratitude.

My cousin has it right.  She not only feels grateful, she acknowledges it and shares it with others.  How many mornings do I wake up and, at least mentally, grumble about my pain, my problems and what I don't have?  I have so much to be grateful for!

For the most part, I have good health.  I have friends who support me, who appreciate me and who go out of their way to let me know.  I have family who love me, regardless of my sins and mistakes.  I have a roof over my head.  I have food both in my cupboards and in my belly.  And most of all, I have a God who is merciful, wise, kind and benevolent.

How can I not be grateful?

I will now endeavor to show my gratitude to Him and to others on a more consistent basis.  I won't be perfect at it, but I am, after all, only human.

Thank you for reading today's blog post.  I am grateful for you.

Brother H.

No comments:

Post a Comment