Monday, April 4, 2011

Good Blessings!

Photo ©2011, James Hofheins. All Rights Reserved

Good blessings.  This is a phrase used often in my family, especially among siblings.  I first heard it from my sister-in-law (who I really consider a sister without hyphens).  She told me that she says "good blessings" instead of "good luck" in matters spiritual and religious, because when you think about it, luck has little to do with our heaven-guided lives.

I have been the recipient of many good blessings of late.  You've heard the phrase, "my cup runneth over"?  My cup has been running over so much lately that not even the Bounty paper towel guy would be up to the task of cleaning my table.

At the end of this week, I will have a place to live.  My niece and her girlfriend are taking me in and I will have a bedroom of my own.  Sure different than sleeping on a couch or the floor with couch cushions for, well, cushioning.

Also, I learned this weekend that some of my black and white photos from Missouri may be featured in a local art magazine.  It's a start-up, so I feel doubly blessed that they would consider me for an early issue.  They also want to do a piece on me and my thinking behind the photos I took.  Wow.  I didn't see this one coming, and I am so, so grateful even to be considered.  For more information, you can email artbyjameshofheins@gmail.com

Finally, I ran into an old friend who used to boss me around.  No, that's not right.  She used to be my boss, and a kind one at that.  We've been talking, renewing our friendship.  It sure feels good to be remembered in a positive way from a decade ago.

On a side-note, yesterday (Sunday) wrapped up General Conference.  What a strong spirit there was!  I love hearing the words of God through His prophets, apostles and other inspired leaders.  Most notably, I am grateful for the continued, constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. Even when I mess up.

I certainly don't deserve these very tender mercies.  But that's what mercy is all about, isn't it?  We don't deserve it.

But we sure count on it.

I hope you have a wonderful Monday.  Good blessings.

Brother H.

No comments:

Post a Comment