Saturday, February 26, 2011

Finding Your Personal Ministry Please Help


If you know me, you know that I am very mortal.  I don't always do the right things, and sometimes I don't do anything.  I struggle with my natural self as much as anyone.  However, I still like to try and do things that benefit others.

I am working on a new writing project about finding your personal ministry, and I'm asking for your help.


If you or someone you know helps others (or at least tries), I'd love to hear from you or them.


A personal ministry can be something very simple.  For example, every morning, my dad prays that God will send to him just one person who needs his help.  And then he goes looking for that person.


A few years ago, I tried an experiment asking my friends to pray for two strangers every single day.  I tried doing the same thing.  I rarely knew the outcome in the lives of those strangers, but I sure felt the peace and reassurance from the Lord knowing that I was trying to make a difference.


Others use their past trials and experiences in their informal personal ministries.  Neal A. Maxwell used his experience of having cancer to help bear up others who were similarly stricken.  He could uniquely relate to others who were also having to endure chemotherapy and the knowledge that they had a quite terminal disease.


Some ministries are far more reaching, like Mother Teresa ministering to the poor of Calcutta and other places.  But more, I suspect, are like the above mentioned.  Small and simple things that help others in a very quiet, unpublicized ways.


So, here's what will help me help others find their personal ministries - if you do something, anything, that helps others, please email me with a short message of what you do.  If you know of someone else who helps others, I'd like to hear about them, too.  If I can gather enough stories, anecdotes and ideas, I can publish them into a book. You may remain as anonymous as you like for the actual publication, but let's discuss.


Please email me at findingyourministry@gmail.com and let's work together to help others who so need our help.  Oh, and please pass this on!


Thanks for reading!


Brother H.

No comments:

Post a Comment